LOS ANGELES (AP) — Investigators reopened the case of Natalie Wood's 1981 drowning after receiving new information they deemed credible enough to warrant another look at one of Hollywood's most enduring mysteries.
A detective said Friday, however, that the three-time Oscar nominee's husband, actor Robert Wagner, was not a suspect.
Los Angeles Sheriff's Lt. John Corina said nothing has yet changed the official view that Wood's death in the chilly waters off Southern California's Santa Catalina Island was anything but an accident.
"Right now, her death is an accidental drowning," Corina said.
Corina said Friday that two detectives would delve into the case and interview witnesses, including some who have come forward since the announcement a day earlier that the actress' death is being reviewed again.